Risks to Consider: The jury is still out on the merits of the purchase of Diamond Foods. Therefore, it's wise to research this stock further before you make any decision.
Action to Take: Ecolab is a great core holding consideration for conservative investors who are focused on the long term.
Shares of Diamond Foods have continued to struggle into 2012, but with any clarity that the accounting woes that won't bring the company to financial ruin would make this a turnaround stock with tons of upside potential. Just a year ago Diamond earned $2.61 per share, and analysts still project $2.78 per share this year. This puts the forward P/E of 8 in value territory.
>>To see these stocks in action, visit the 2 Stock Ideas From Bill Gates portfolio on Stockpickr.At the time of publication, Ryan Fuhrmann owned shares of MSFT. StreetAuthority LLC owns shares of MSFT in one or more if its "real money" portfolios.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV