The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
By Ryan Fuhrmann
NEW YORK ( StreetAuthority) -- When it comes to the stock market, many investors -- myself included -- spend quite a bit of time analyzing the trading activity of the richest and most successful investors in the world.
These include well-known experts like Warren Buffett, Carl Icahn and George Soros, who have become bona fide billionaires as a result of their successful investing strategies.
A Long-Term Commitment to EcolabAt the end of February, cleaning product giant Ecolab (ECL) named Gates' close business confidante Michael Larson to its board of directors. Ecolab makes and sells cleaning, sanitizing, pest control and maintenance products and services to major hospitality, health care and industrial facilities throughout the world. This work cannot be cut in an economic downturn, which results in an operational consistency that probably helps the managers of the Cascade and Gates Foundation portfolios sleep well.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV