5 Things We Hate About Online Shopping
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- Let's just get this out of the way: We love online shopping.
The ability to shop from the comfort of your home is one of the greatest innovations of the Internet age, allowing you to browse, read reviews and compare prices without ever having to leave the house and deal with pushy salespeople. The increasing ubiquity of smartphones and tablets means that you can do your shopping wherever you are, whether at work, in the bathroom or on an airplane. And best of all, online retail prices tend to be significantly lower than what you'll find at bricks-and-mortar stores.
With that said, online shopping does have its downfalls. Select classes of products are still cheaper to buy in stores, for instance. The lack of sales tax, previously one of the big selling points of e-commerce, is ceasing to be a factor as more states pass laws that tax online purchases. And while free shipping is common, the shopper is still on the hook for the cost of home delivery in some cases.
Those are admittedly just minor gripes, and rarely derail us from buying online. But there are other things about shopping online that we simply can't abide. Here are a few.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV