Today, at Digital Signage Expo 2012 in Las Vegas, Planar Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:PLNR), a global leader in digital display technology, introduced a new series of outdoor digital displays uniquely designed and engineered for the most demanding outdoor conditions.
Planar WeatherBright Series outdoor LCD displays. (Photo: Business Wire)
The new Planar® WeatherBright™ Series delivers true outdoor, direct-sunlight readability digital displays that perform in the most demanding open-air environments. The rugged, yet stylish displays, available in 32” (LC3251) and 47” (LC4751), offer a more engaging digital alternative to static menu boards typically found at quick-service restaurant (QSR) drive-thrus, outdoor mall wayfinding and other businesses that serve customers outdoors.
“Consumers have come to expect the convenience and engagement of digital signage and can now enjoy it both indoors and out,” said Jennifer Davis, vice president of marketing for Planar Systems. “Significant design and engineering development went into the Planar WeatherBright Series. This is the innovative and ruggedized outdoor display solution that delivers both reliability in the most demanding environments and a lower total cost of ownership.”
The Planar WeatherBright Series distinguishes itself from other outdoor digital signage with:
- Direct sunlight readability. Interlaced LED backlight technology provides 2,500 nits of brightness ‒ 2-4 times that of most standard outdoor LCD displays. Planar’s Extended Ruggedness and Optics (ERO™) protective glass offers both increased contrast and readability.
- Superior weather protection. Engineered for extreme weather conditions, the WeatherBright Series can withstand temperatures as low as -40 degrees or as high as 122 degrees Fahrenheit. The optically bonded, vandal-resistant glass offers four times the strength of unbounded glass. A fully powder-coated aluminum enclosure protects the entire unit.
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership. LED backlighting, auto dimming, standard 15-amp circuit and natural air flow cooling provides over 40 percent power savings as compared to hot and cold cathode fluorescent lamps (HCFL/CCFL) or air conditioned outdoor display systems.
- Customized Systems. An open-framed system can be used with custom-designed enclosures to address unique design or functional performance requirements.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts