Today, at Digital Signage Expo 2012 in Las Vegas, Planar Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:PLNR), a global leader in digital display technology, introduced a new series of outdoor digital displays uniquely designed and engineered for the most demanding outdoor conditions.
The new Planar® WeatherBright™ Series delivers true outdoor, direct-sunlight readability digital displays that perform in the most demanding open-air environments. The rugged, yet stylish displays, available in 32” (LC3251) and 47” (LC4751), offer a more engaging digital alternative to static menu boards typically found at quick-service restaurant (QSR) drive-thrus, outdoor mall wayfinding and other businesses that serve customers outdoors.
“Consumers have come to expect the convenience and engagement of digital signage and can now enjoy it both indoors and out,” said Jennifer Davis, vice president of marketing for Planar Systems. “Significant design and engineering development went into the Planar WeatherBright Series. This is the innovative and ruggedized outdoor display solution that delivers both reliability in the most demanding environments and a lower total cost of ownership.”
The Planar WeatherBright Series distinguishes itself from other outdoor digital signage with:
- Direct sunlight readability. Interlaced LED backlight technology provides 2,500 nits of brightness ‒ 2-4 times that of most standard outdoor LCD displays. Planar’s Extended Ruggedness and Optics (ERO™) protective glass offers both increased contrast and readability.
- Superior weather protection. Engineered for extreme weather conditions, the WeatherBright Series can withstand temperatures as low as -40 degrees or as high as 122 degrees Fahrenheit. The optically bonded, vandal-resistant glass offers four times the strength of unbounded glass. A fully powder-coated aluminum enclosure protects the entire unit.
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership. LED backlighting, auto dimming, standard 15-amp circuit and natural air flow cooling provides over 40 percent power savings as compared to hot and cold cathode fluorescent lamps (HCFL/CCFL) or air conditioned outdoor display systems.
- Customized Systems. An open-framed system can be used with custom-designed enclosures to address unique design or functional performance requirements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV