Last week in San Francisco, Bank of America Merrill Lynch gathered together more than 180 client company representatives from around the world to discuss the evolving trends, innovations and developments in commercial payment solutions for Cards. Under the theme of “Plastics and Beyond: Exploring New Ways to Pay,” the conference drove a debate on the technology-driven change in global payments. Speakers included payments industry specialists, company leaders who have successfully transformed their payments processes, and BofA Merrill’s own experts.
The three-day program offered attendees information on crucial topics, including how a company’s shift toward a fully automated electronic environment translates in the real world, and what companies could expect in terms of internal and external obstacles and benefits when moving payments toward an enterprise wide electronic culture.
Speakers also addressed the impacts of the economic and business environment on the payments industry across the globe, and how emerging technologies are changing the payments landscape. Some of the industry experts who presented at the conference included Wayne Best, chief economist, Visa, Inc., and Ian Bremmer, president, Eurasia Group.
During the conference, BofA Merrill announced enhancements to its card platform, and discussed how its innovative programs can help companies achieve electronic payment migration on a global scale. Among the products and capabilities discussed were:
- Chip and PIN – the new, more secure card technology offered to companies with employees travelling outside the U.S.
- Works ® – BofA Merrill’s proprietary card management software that has been enhanced with new functionality that aids reconciliation and improves the user experience.
- Global Footprint – BofA Merrill’s global card offering will be available in more than 70 countries by the end of 2012. The company recently announced plans to offer card solutions in new geographies in Asia, Europe and Latin America, including, Japan, Austria, Denmark, Norway, Portugal, Sweden and Colombia.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV