Last week in San Francisco, Bank of America Merrill Lynch gathered together more than 180 client company representatives from around the world to discuss the evolving trends, innovations and developments in commercial payment solutions for Cards. Under the theme of “Plastics and Beyond: Exploring New Ways to Pay,” the conference drove a debate on the technology-driven change in global payments. Speakers included payments industry specialists, company leaders who have successfully transformed their payments processes, and BofA Merrill’s own experts.
The three-day program offered attendees information on crucial topics, including how a company’s shift toward a fully automated electronic environment translates in the real world, and what companies could expect in terms of internal and external obstacles and benefits when moving payments toward an enterprise wide electronic culture.
Speakers also addressed the impacts of the economic and business environment on the payments industry across the globe, and how emerging technologies are changing the payments landscape. Some of the industry experts who presented at the conference included Wayne Best, chief economist, Visa, Inc., and Ian Bremmer, president, Eurasia Group.
During the conference, BofA Merrill announced enhancements to its card platform, and discussed how its innovative programs can help companies achieve electronic payment migration on a global scale. Among the products and capabilities discussed were:
- Chip and PIN – the new, more secure card technology offered to companies with employees travelling outside the U.S.
- Works ® – BofA Merrill’s proprietary card management software that has been enhanced with new functionality that aids reconciliation and improves the user experience.
- Global Footprint – BofA Merrill’s global card offering will be available in more than 70 countries by the end of 2012. The company recently announced plans to offer card solutions in new geographies in Asia, Europe and Latin America, including, Japan, Austria, Denmark, Norway, Portugal, Sweden and Colombia.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV