Today, at Digital Signage Expo 2012 in Las Vegas, Planar Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:PLNR), a global leader in digital display technology, unveiled two new professional LCD displays designed for retail storefronts and other brightly lit commercial digital signage locations, and further expands Planar’s digital signage offerings into the estimated $1.2 billion market for high-bright indoor displays.
Planar’s new Clarity™ Matrix HX60 and PS-Series™ PS4670 meet the growing demand for dynamic digital signage in parts of retail stores, lobbies, airports and public spaces where ambient light makes traditional digital signage unreadable or washed out. “These high-brightness models enable digital video technology to thrive in the sunlit store front windows and other prime locations for attracting and engaging customers,” said Jennifer Davis, vice president of marketing for Planar Systems. “These additions to the Clarity Matrix LCD video wall line and PS-Series line demonstrate Planar’s ability to deliver both high quality and affordable ways to meet our customers evolving digital signage needs.”
Clarity Matrix HX60: The industry’s brightest LCD video wall
The Clarity Matrix HX60 is designed to deliver high-impact content across large video walls in environments like airports and sports and entertainment venues, where direct-view LED digital signs have been used predominantly. The new 60” ultra-narrow bezel LCD offers comparable brightness to direct-view LEDs, but with lower capital and operational costs, higher resolution, a better contrast ratio and wider viewing angles.The Clarity Matrix HX60 LCD video wall features:
- Unmatched Brightness. The unique Clarity Matrix architecture, featuring off-board components and integrated mounting, reduces the temperature of the LCD and LED backlight, helping boost brightness to 1,900 nits ― making it the industry’s brightest LCD video wall.
- Outstanding contrast and power savings. With Planar’s Advanced Performance LED (AP/LED™) backlight, the Clarity Matrix HX60 delivers deep blacks and outstanding contrast utilizing algorithms that dim the backlights when darker or black content is displayed. In addition to the superb contrast ratios AP/LED backlight provides, this technique reduces power consumption while still achieving the maximum brightness, up to 50% less power than comparable LED displays.
- Easy installation and serviceability. Recognized as the easiest to service and install LCD video wall, the Clarity Matrix HX60 incorporates the unique Clarity Matrix architecture featuring off-board components and integrated EasyAxis™ Mounting System. This mission-critical design reduces the weight, depth, and potential points of failure at the display and can be placed in an easy-to-service location.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV