2. Northern Trust
Shares of Northern Trust of Chicago closed at $43.49 Tuesday, returning 10% year-to-date, following a 27% decline in 2011.
Based on a quarterly payout of 28 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.58%.Usdin estimates that Northern Trust will earn $2.94 cents a share during 2012, and let its quarterly dividend remain at 28 cents, for dividend payout ratio of 39% and an estimated dividend yield of 2.6%. The analyst forecasts Northern Trust will repurchase 4 million shares during 2012, for $156 million, for a combined dividend and repurchase payout ratio of 62%. Usdin's price target for Northern Trust is $45.00. The shares trade for 1.8 times tangible book value, and 11 times the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of $3.90. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is $4.55. Interested in more on Northern Trust? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV