2. Northern Trust
Shares of Northern Trust of Chicago closed at $43.49 Tuesday, returning 10% year-to-date, following a 27% decline in 2011.
Based on a quarterly payout of 28 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.58%.Usdin estimates that Northern Trust will earn $2.94 cents a share during 2012, and let its quarterly dividend remain at 28 cents, for dividend payout ratio of 39% and an estimated dividend yield of 2.6%. The analyst forecasts Northern Trust will repurchase 4 million shares during 2012, for $156 million, for a combined dividend and repurchase payout ratio of 62%. Usdin's price target for Northern Trust is $45.00. The shares trade for 1.8 times tangible book value, and 11 times the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of $3.90. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is $4.55. Interested in more on Northern Trust? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV