4. U.S. Bancorp
Shares of U.S. Bancorp of Minneapolis closed at $28.37 Tuesday, returning 5% year-to-date, following a 2% return during 2011.
Based on a quarterly payout of 12.5 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 1.76%.Usdin estimates that U.S. Bancorp will earn $2.65 cents a share during 2012, and raise its quarterly dividend to 19 cents, for dividend payout ratio of 26% and an estimated dividend yield of 2.7%. Jefferies forecasts that the company will buy back 48 million shares during 2012, for $1.45 billion, for a combined dividend and repurchase payout ratio of 55%. Usdin's price target for USB is $30.00. Reflecting its status as one of the strongest and most consistent earners among the largest U.S. bank holding companies -- with quarterly returns on average assets ranging between 1.51% and 1.61% during 2011 -- U.S. Bancorp's shares trade for 2.6 times tangible book value. The shares trade for 11 times the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of $2.68. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is $2.91. Interested in more on U.S. Bancorp? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV