4. U.S. Bancorp
Shares of U.S. Bancorp of Minneapolis closed at $28.37 Tuesday, returning 5% year-to-date, following a 2% return during 2011.
Based on a quarterly payout of 12.5 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 1.76%.Usdin estimates that U.S. Bancorp will earn $2.65 cents a share during 2012, and raise its quarterly dividend to 19 cents, for dividend payout ratio of 26% and an estimated dividend yield of 2.7%. Jefferies forecasts that the company will buy back 48 million shares during 2012, for $1.45 billion, for a combined dividend and repurchase payout ratio of 55%. Usdin's price target for USB is $30.00. Reflecting its status as one of the strongest and most consistent earners among the largest U.S. bank holding companies -- with quarterly returns on average assets ranging between 1.51% and 1.61% during 2011 -- U.S. Bancorp's shares trade for 2.6 times tangible book value. The shares trade for 11 times the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of $2.68. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is $2.91. Interested in more on U.S. Bancorp? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV