Industrial Services of America, Inc. (NASDAQ: IDSA), a company that buys, processes and markets ferrous and non-ferrous metals and other recyclable commodities for domestic users and export markets and offers programs and equipment to help businesses manage waste, today announced financial results for the year and fourth quarter ended December 31, 2011.
Revenue for 2011 was $276.9 million compared with $343.0 million in 2010. Net loss for 2011 was $(3.9) million, or $(0.56) per diluted share, compared with net income of $8.1 million, or $1.21 per diluted share, for 2010. Revenue for the fourth quarter of 2011 was $50.0 million compared with $99.5 million for the same period in 2010. Net income for the quarter was $(1.8) million, or $(0.26) per diluted share, compared with $2.0 million, or $0.29 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter of 2010.
Key Highlights 2011
- Ferrous shipment volumes increased 7.5% year-over-year
- Cash flow from operations was $19.0 million, primarily as a result of a decrease in working capital
- Repaid debt by $17 million
- Current ratio at December 31, 2011, was 3.2 to 1
- We exited 2011 with $29 million of working capital and $20 million of availability on our revolving line of credit
Harry Kletter, founder and Chairman of ISA, stated, “The market demand for our stainless products was extremely volatile in 2011. While this resulted in short-term negative results, we believe the long-term outlook for this business remains strong. We have continued to invest in our people and our processes, and we expect to achieve improved profitability in our recycling segment. We have brought new talent into the organization, including the addition of two new board members with exemplary credentials, Dr. David Russell and Ms. Rudy Scarito. We believe we can benefit from their varied but relevant backgrounds. While we are still in the early days of 2012, we are beginning to see some benefits from our efforts.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV