Magnetek, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAG):
Q2 Transition Period 2011 Highlights
- Net sales of $29.5 million increased 13% over prior year Q2 sales.
- Income from continuing operations increased 72% to nearly $2.4 million, or $.74 per share, compared to prior year Q2 income from continuing operations of $1.4 million, or $.44 per share.
- Cash balances increased by $6.7 million during the second quarter to $20.9 million as of January 1, 2012.
Six Month Transition Period 2011 Highlights
- Transition period 2011 sales increased 15% to $58.7 million
- Transition period 2011 income from continuing operations more than doubled to $1.35 per share compared to prior year income of $.65 per share from continuing operations.
- Cash flow prior to pension contributions was $10.2 million in transition period 2011.
Magnetek, Inc. (“Magnetek” or “the Company”, NASDAQ: MAG) today reported the results of its transition period 2011 second and final quarter and its six month transition period, ended January 1, 2012 (see below for a definition of transition period 2011).Second Quarter Results In the second and final quarter of transition period 2011, Magnetek recorded revenue of $29.5 million, a 13% increase from the prior year second quarter and a 1% sequential increase from the first quarter of transition period 2011. The increase in sales from the prior year quarter reflects sales growth of products for material handling and mining markets. As a result of the increased sales volume and a favorable shift in the Company’s sales mix, second quarter earnings per share from continuing operations increased $.30, or 68%, to $.74 per share compared to prior year second quarter earnings from continuing operations of $.44 per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV