SAN FRANCISCO (TheStreet) -- With Apple expected to debut its next-generation iPad today, the tech giant's fans are most eager to see Retina Display appear on the device, according to TheStreet's poll on the subject.
More than a quarter of respondents cited Retina Display as the feature they would most want on the iPad 3, ahead of 4G LTE, with 21% of votes. Retina Display technology, which also appears on the iPhone and iPod Touch, uses a pixel density so high that users are unable to distinguish individual pixels.
Siri, the voice-recognition technology that first appeared on the iPhone 4S, clinched just over 17% of the votes cast, well ahead of a longer-lasting battery, a powerful A5X processor and an enhanced camera. Pico projector technology and Near Field Communication (NFC) grabbed just under 7% and a little over 2% of votes, respectively.
Apple, whose stock recently has been hitting new highs, sold a record 15.4 million iPads during its fiscal first quarter, up from 7.3 million in the same period last year. The gadget maker has sold more than 55 million iPads since launching the tablet in early 2010.TheStreet will be live-blogging Apple's launch event from the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater in San Francisco, starting at noon New York time: --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV