SANTIAGO, Chile, March 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sociedad Quimica y Minera de Chile S.A. (SQM or the Company) (NYSE: SQM; Santiago Stock Exchange: SQM-B, SQM-A) reported today earnings for 2011 of US$545.8 million ( US$2.07 per ADR), an increase of 42.8% with respect to 2010, in which earnings totaled US$382.1 million ( US$1.45 per ADR). Gross margin reached US$854.8 million (39.8% of revenues), 36.5% higher than the US$626.0 million (34.2% of revenues) recorded during 2010. Revenues totaled US$2,145.3 million for 2011, representing an increase of 17.2% over the US$1,830.4 million reported in 2010.
The Company also reported quarterly net income of US$158.9 million ( US$0.60 per ADR) compared with the 2010 figure of US$105.8 million ( US$0.40 per ADR). Fourth quarter gross margin for 2011 reached US$215.9 million, 25.8% higher than the US$171.6 million recorded for the same period of 2010. Revenues for this quarter totaled US$538.9 million, an increase of approximately 6.6% with respect to the fourth quarter of 2010, when revenues amounted to US$505.7 million.
SQM is an integrated producer and distributor of specialty plant nutrients, iodine, lithium, potassium-related fertilizers and industrial chemicals. Its products are based on the development of high quality natural resources that allow the Company to be a leader in costs, supported by a specialized international network with sales in over 100 countries. SQM's development strategy aims to maintain and strengthen the Company's position in each of its businesses.
For the complete version of this press release, please visit our website: www.sqm.comSOURCE SQM
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV