SAN FRANCISCO (TheStreet) -- Apple's major product launch on Wednesday could potentially spell good news for the tech giant's partners Qualcomm (QCOM), TriQuint Semiconductor (TQNT), Corning (GLW) and Nuance (NUAN).
True to form, the Cupertino, Calif.-based company is keeping details of its new product close to the vest; but the speculation is that the world will get a look at a new version of Apple's phenomenally successful iPad at San Francisco's Yerba Buena Center on Thursday.
The blogosphere has been rife with rumors about the iPad 3, which could have major implications for, say, chip maker and 4G specialist Qualcomm, as well as Nuance, which reportedly helps Apple provide its Siri voice tool.
Clearly, providing a component for an Apple product can take a company's stock to new levels, particularly if the iPad 3 continues Apple's tablet momentum."As we have said before, our supply chain checks indicate that this iPad refresh will likely be a significant one with beefed up specs including a higher resolution screen, much faster processor, Siri software and 4G LTE wireless," explained Sterne Agee analyst Shaw Wu, in a recent note. "We anticipate Apple will launch the iPad 3 on March 7 and believe Apple will continue to grow faster than the overall computer/tablet markets," added Mike Walkley, an analyst at Canaccord Genuity, also in a note. "iPad 3 [is] likely to dominate tablet sales for the remainder of 2012." Investors, of course, will not know for certain which suppliers are lurking within the new iPad until the first 'teardowns' of the product appear. Rumors have suggested that the new iPad could hit the shelves later this month. In the meantime, here are some of the names already closely associated with Apple's tablets (and smartphones) that are attracting attention ahead of Wednesday's event:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV