Updated from 5:!6 p.m. ET to include latest share prices, information on Discovery Laboratories.
The poor performance was a break from the company's brief track record as a public company. Pandora completed its IPO in mid-June 2011, and in its first two quarterly reports since then, the company had posted surprise profits vs. consensus expectations for losses.
This time around though, Pandora reported a non-GAAP loss of $4.7 million, or 3 cents a share, on revenue of $81.3 million. That performance was worse than the average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters for a loss of 2 cents a share on revenue of $83.1 million in the three months ended Jan. 31. In the same period a year earlier, Pandora lost $927,000, or a penny per share, on a non-GAAP basis with revenue totaling $47.6 million.The stock was last quoted at $11.15, down 22%, on volume of 3.1 million, according to Nasdaq.com. The company originally priced its IPO at $16 per share. Pandora said its total listener hours soared 99% year-over-year to 2.7 billion in the quarter from 1.3 billion in the same period a year earlier. The company's outlook was a clunker as well. Pandora forecast a non-GAAP loss of 18 to 21 cents a share for its fiscal first quarter ending in April on revenue ranging from $72 million to $75 million. Wall Street's current consensus view is for a loss of 2 cents a share in the quarter on revenue of $86.6 million. For the full fiscal year ending in January 2013, the company expects a non-GAAP loss of 11 to 16 cents a share on revenue of $410 million to $420 million. The current average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters is for a profit of a penny per share on revenue of $418.3 million. Check out TheStreet's quote page for Pandora Media for year-to-date share performance, analyst ratings, earnings estimates and much more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV