MILLBURN, N.J. (Stockpickr) -- American companies are in a unique position relative to their counterparts in Europe and those in some emerging markets. Cash generation, repayment of debt, low interest rates and record earnings are combining to lower American corporate cost of capital, improve their balance sheets and return more value to shareholders.
With that in mind, I decided to seek out companies with low WACC (weighted average cost of capital), high Altman Z-Scores (a measure of balance sheet health), high ROCE (return on common equity) and above-market-average dividend yields.
After I performed the analytic screen, I examined the top-rated companies for their fundamental outlook and eliminated any stocks I did not believe were worthy of an investment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV