Updated from March 6 to correct first name of American Eagle CEO.
The major U.S. equity indices finally suffered through a good old-fashioned sell-off on Tuesday, the first one of 2012. The reasons behind the rush for the exits again were rather vague. A recession for Europe has long been in the mix for market prognosticators, and the idea that everything was going to go smoothly with Greece when nothing has since the country entered this bailout phase was pure fantasy.
What's more interesting is that the bulls blinked for the first time since this rally began in earnest. Wednesday's session could shape up to be a real test, and at least one trading veteran thinks more pain lies ahead."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV