Rocky Road and Pecan Turtle Hit Store Shelves in March
March 6, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Archway Bakeries Co., part of the
Snyder's-Lance, Inc. family of brands, baked up two new cookie varieties in response to requests from Facebook fans and consumers. The new
Rocky Road and
Pecan Turtle cookies, which will begin hitting store shelves in March, will be sold in 9 and 9.25 ounce trays, respectively, and retail around
The previously retired Rocky Road is a soft chocolate cookie filled with semi-sweet chocolate pieces, crunchy walnuts and marshmallow bits. This classic recipe was brought back by popular demand following a 2011 Archway® cookie promotion which asked Facebook fans to vote for a returning cookie favorite. Fans also suggest serving this favorite warm and with a side scoop of ice cream.
Pecan Turtle is a new sweet and savory combination made up of milk chocolate chunks, caramel pieces and pecans, all baked into a soft, chewy cookie. Inspired by the popular candy, the new variety was the top-rated flavor in consumer concept tests. These classic soft cookies will be a new family favorite and taste great with a cold glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee or tea.
"At Archway, we pride ourselves on making cookies that taste, look and smell like what a cookie should be," said Archway Brand Manager, Holly Patterson. "We are so excited to reintroduce Rocky Road and to share our delicious new Pecan Turtle cookie, which we are sure is going to be a new family favorite."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV