Law Firm Brower Piven Announces Investigation In Connection With The Acquisition Of Encore Bancshares, Inc. By Cadence Bancorp, LLC
The law firm of Brower Piven, A Professional Corporation, has commenced an investigation into possible breaches of fiduciary duty to current shareholders of Encore Bancshares, Inc. (“Encore”) (NASDAQ: EBTX) and other violations of state law by the board of directors of Encore relating to the proposed acquisition of the company by Cadence Bancorp, LLC (“Cadence”). The firm’s investigation seeks to determine, among other things, whether the board breached its fiduciary duties by failing to maximize shareholder value.
On March 6, 2012, Cadence announced that it had entered into a definitive agreement providing for Cadence to acquire Encore for $250 million. Under the terms of the merger agreement, Encore shareholders will receive $20.62 for each share of Encore common stock held.
If you currently own shares of Encore and would like to learn more about
the investigation being conducted by Brower Piven, you may email or call
Brower Piven, who will, without obligation or cost to you, attempt to
answer your questions. You may contact Brower Piven by email at
by calling (410) 415-6616, or at Brower Piven, A Professional
Corporation, 1925 Old Valley Road, Stevenson, Maryland 21153. Attorneys
at Brower Piven have combined experience litigating securities and other
class action cases of over 60 years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV