Nearest Resistance: $550
Nearest Support: $520Catalyst: Media Event Finally, Apple (AAPL) is getting heavy search volume today in anticipation of the firm's media event tomorrow. Investors expect Apple to release a feature-packed third version of the iPad -- a move that could drive revenues for the company's second and third fiscal quarter. Apple is no stranger to attention, especially given the firm's prevalence in institutional portfolios and its status as the most valuable company in the world. But iPad 3 mania could take hold of the headlines this week. Shares backed off of $550 resistance in the last few trading days, to test support at $520. After the prodigious 31% run shares have made this year, some sideways consolidation above support is a good thing. Traders should be looking to buy if AAPL can push above resistance. Apple shows up on recent lists of The 10 Most Popular Hedge Fund Stock Picks and 3 Tech Stocks With More Upside for 2012. To see these stocks in action, check out the at Most-Searched Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV