Nearest Resistance: $550
Nearest Support: $520Catalyst: Media Event Finally, Apple (AAPL) is getting heavy search volume today in anticipation of the firm's media event tomorrow. Investors expect Apple to release a feature-packed third version of the iPad -- a move that could drive revenues for the company's second and third fiscal quarter. Apple is no stranger to attention, especially given the firm's prevalence in institutional portfolios and its status as the most valuable company in the world. But iPad 3 mania could take hold of the headlines this week. Shares backed off of $550 resistance in the last few trading days, to test support at $520. After the prodigious 31% run shares have made this year, some sideways consolidation above support is a good thing. Traders should be looking to buy if AAPL can push above resistance. Apple shows up on recent lists of The 10 Most Popular Hedge Fund Stock Picks and 3 Tech Stocks With More Upside for 2012. To see these stocks in action, check out the at Most-Searched Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV