Nearest Resistance: $50
Nearest Support: $48Catalyst: Earnings Boost On the other side of the spectrum, shares of Verifone (PAY) are actually up more than 5.6% today after posting a nearly 50% increase in revenues versus the same quarter last year. The electronic payment firm gets to tack that performance on to the impressive run shares have already had in 2012, bringing PAY's year-to-date performance to more than 38%. And from a technical standpoint, there could be even more upside to this stock. That's because shares are attempting to test $50 resistance today, a price that shares previously had difficulty moving above -- and one that normally acts as a strong psychological resistance level for shares. Momentum-seekers should look to buy this name on a push above $50. I also featured Verifone last month in "5 Stocks to Trade for Breakout Gains." Follow @stockpickr
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV