Nearest Resistance: $46
Nearest Support: $40Catalyst: Mixed Earnings Ski resort company Vail Resorts (MTN) is getting heavy search volume today on the heels of its own earnings announcement, which included a bottom line earning miss coupled with an aggressive increase in the firm's dividend. Like Kronos, Vail is swinging from losses to gains today, but the technical setup in shares is still progressing positively right now. >>5 Breakout Trades You Need to See Vail has been forming an inverse head and shoulders setup since the start of November, indicating that there's exhaustion among sellers. The stock's current resistance level at $46 is the pattern's neckline, the price that shares need to break above before there's a buy signal in MTN. While shares have made their way above $46 in the last quarter and change, the move was limited to two trading days (an island reversal). That makes seeing a sustained move above $46 all the more crucial for traders. Follow @stockpickr
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV