NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The markets plunged today in the biggest selloff of the year.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 203.66, or 1.57%, to 12,759.15. The S&P 500 dropped 20.97, or 1.54%, to 1343.36. The Nasdaq fell 40.16, or 1.36%, to 2910.32.
Jon Najarian said on CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show the factors leading to today's selloff were similar to "birthing pains" ahead of some important events later in the week such as Apple's (AAPL) iPad3 announcement on Wednesday, the deal with Greece's creditors and Friday's jobs report. He said he has seen this market pattern before.
For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV