PHILADELPHIA, March 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The GlaxoSmithKline 16th Annual IMPACT Awards recognize community-based nonprofits that provide access to healthcare for the underserved. Up to ten organizations in the Pennsylvania counties of Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lancaster, Lehigh, Montgomery, Northampton and Philadelphia and in the City of Camden, N.J., will be awarded $40,000 each. The awards are bestowed upon winning organizations for success and achievements in their current, overall work – not just new or specific initiatives. Applications will be accepted through March 28, 2012, 4:00 p.m. EDT .
Every year the GlaxoSmithKline IMPACT Awards recognize, highlight and reward innovative healthcare nonprofit organizations that have a significant impact on their communities. GlaxoSmithKline's IMPACT Awards represent and support Innovation, Management, Partnership, Achievement, Community focus and Targeting needs within community-based healthcare organizations. Nonprofits that exemplify the IMPACT Awards criteria continue to provide quality, accessible healthcare to their communities despite financial and resource limitations. Previous winners include organizations that provide medical and dental care for the underserved, health services for cancer patients, access to healthcare for the chronically ill and pediatric therapy for those with special needs.
To qualify for a GlaxoSmithKline IMPACT award, applicants must:
- be physically located in an eligible county;
- provide access to healthcare services (primary mission and resource allocation);
- have annual total operating expenses between $160,000 and $3 million, as documented in the organization's most recent fiscal year financial statement; and
- have been in existence as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization for at least five years as of 2012.
The GlaxoSmithKline IMPACT Awards will be presented at a ceremony in Philadelphia in late 2012. For more details and to apply, please visit the GlaxoSmithKline site at www.gskimpact-us.com or call GlaxoSmithKline Community Partnerships at (215) 751-5171.About GlaxoSmithKline GlaxoSmithKline – one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. For further information go to us.gsk.com, follow us on twitter.com/GSKUS or visit our blog ( www.morethanmedicine.us.gsk.com/blog/). SOURCE GlaxoSmithKline
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV