Long Term Evolution
Apple announced that the new iPad would run on Long Term Evolution (LTE) networks from Verizon (VZ) and AT&T (T). This will allow the iPad to watch high-quality video and run on the telecom's high-speed 4G networks. While we still have not seen the insides of The New iPad, Apple has a close relationship with 4G leader Qualcomm (QCOM), so it's a good bet Qualcomm has some chips in the new tablet.
4G networks are ten times faster than 3G networks, and allow telecom companies to generate additional revenue from these networks, as more 4G users allows for less investment in older, more capital-intensive networks, such as 2G and 3G.The ability to run on LTE networks plays into the company's decision to make the iPad with Retina display, packing in twice as many pixels on the screen, giving users a much clearer image when watching video. LTE will not eat up the device's battery, as Senior Vice President of Marketing Phil Schiller said the iPad would still have 10 hours of battery life for most tasks, and 9 hours on LTE networks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV