CHICAGO, March 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines (NYSE: UAL) today announced it will launch daily nonstop service between its San Francisco hub and Reagan Washington National Airport, effective May 14, 2012. Westbound service from Reagan Washington National to San Francisco will begin May 15.
With the addition of the new flight, United will serve San Francisco 13 times a day from the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, including United's hub at Dulles International Airport. This is United's first flight from Reagan Washington National Airport to San Francisco.
"We look forward to offering this new service between Reagan National and San Francisco, which will further complement United's extensive service between these two great American cities and provide more options for our customers," said Jim Ferea, United's managing director of domestic planning.The new flight gives United's West Coast customers greater access to Reagan Washington National Airport. United already offers more flights to more destinations from the Washington area than any other airline with more than 330 daily departures to 110 destinations. The Washington- San Francisco service will offer convenient connections for Washington travelers through United's largest Pacific hub to destinations throughout the western U.S., Hawaii, Japan, China and Australia. At San Francisco, United offers service to 65 more destinations than any other airline. Convenient SchedulesThe new flight will depart San Francisco daily at 1:00 p.m. and arrive at Reagan Washington National at 9:17 p.m. The westbound flight will depart Reagan Washington National daily at 8:00 a.m. and arrive in San Francisco at 11:05 a.m. United will initially operate the new service with Boeing 737-700 aircraft, with a total of 124 seats—12 in United First and 112 in United Economy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV