NEW YORK, March 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ken C. Hicks, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE: FL), the New York-based specialty athletic retailer, and other senior members of the management team today announced an updated strategic plan and set of operating initiatives intended to further elevate the Company's long-term financial performance for the period 2012 through 2016. The announcement came during an investor meeting held this morning.
The Company initially announced a new set of strategies and long-range financial objectives for Foot Locker, Inc. almost exactly two years ago. "The strategies our team identified and began implementing two years ago have elevated our financial and operational performance, and this was evident in the strong 2011 results we announced last week," Mr. Hicks said. "Given that we are only two years along in a five-year plan, we have more progress to make on the current initiatives we established to achieve our vision of being the leading global retailer of athletically inspired footwear and apparel. However, because we have already achieved several of our initial financial goals, and because we have identified significant new opportunities that we believe can drive our business to even higher levels of performance, our team has updated our strategic priorities and actions, as well as our long-term financial objectives."
Specifically, the Company's new strategic priorities are:
- Create a clear customer focus to drive performance in its core athletic banners
- Make its stores and internet sites more exciting, relevant places to shop and buy
- Deliver exceptional growth in high-potential business segments
- Aggressively pursue brand expansion opportunities
- Increase the productivity of all of its assets
- Build on its Industry Leading Retail Team
The Company also substantially raised the financial objectives it expects to achieve over the next five years:
- Sales of $7.5 billion
- Sales per Gross Square Foot of $500
- EBIT Margin of 11 percent
- Net Income Margin of 7 percent
- Return on Invested Capital of 14 percent
- Inventory Turnover of 3+ times
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV