NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of AEterna Zentaris (Nasdaq:AEZS) were gapping down Tuesday morning with an open price 11.2% lower than Monday's closing price. The stock closed at $2.15 Monday and opened today's trading at $1.91. The average volume for AEterna Zentaris has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. AEterna Zentaris has a market cap of $162.5 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 39.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Aeterna Zentaris Inc. operates as a late-stage drug development company specialized in oncology and endocrine therapy. TheStreet Ratings rates AEterna Zentaris as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins. You can view the full AEterna Zentaris Ratings Report. Get more investment ideas from our investment research center. Interested in other stocks that are gapping down? Get free SMS text alerts sent to you when the action happens by texting DOWN to 95370 or select from multiple alert options.
Latest Headlines about AEZS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV