Updated to include information about Wal-Mart, and updated stock prices.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The following stocks go ex-dividend Thursday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Wednesday to qualify for the next dividend payment: CBS (CBS), Cigna (CI), FedEx (FDX), Ingersoll-Rand (IR), Magna International (MGA), Pepco Holdings (POM), Silgan Holdings (SLGN) and Wal-Mart (WMT).
Each of the stocks was rated buy at TheStreet Ratings.
CBSThe media company reported last month fourth-quarter earnings of $370 million, or 57 cents a share, up from year-ago earnings of $283 million, or 42 cents. "International programming continues to show strength," Wells Fargo analysts wrote in a Feb. 29 report. "Such strength is coming from CBS's ability to sell to more markets, as well as increasing competition in these markets (via distribution). There are a variety of long-term output deals, which helps against potential economic issues." Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 1.3% Rated "B+ (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's fourth-quarter gross profit margin increased from the previous year. CBS has weak liquidity. Its Quick Ratio is 1.00, which demonstrates a lack of ability to meet its short-term cash needs. In the fourth quarter, stockholders' net worth was basically the same as the prior year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $39.83. The stock is trading midday Wednesday at $29.71 and has risen 9.47% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV