10 Reasons Obama Will Be Re-Elected
The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The four remaining candidates for the Republican presidential nomination have been running hard, and this week's Super Tuesday primaries are likely to winnow the field. It still seems likely that former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney will be the eventual winner, though it remains to be seen whether the protracted and sometimes bloody battle for the nomination has made him a better candidate or has left lingering concerns in the minds of voters.
Ultimately, though, it may not matter. President Obama will be re-elected, and here's why:
1. The Iraq war is over. When President Obama was elected, the U.S. was embroiled in a messy and expensive war in Iraq. The mission had become muddled, and President Bush's premature declaration of victory hadn't brought our exhausted troops home. Obama kept his promise to end the Iraq war and, along the way, succeeded in killing Osama bin Laden and several of his key advisors. Now, Obama is starting to wind up the war in Afghanistan. Making peace is a great way to win elections.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV