Bitstream Inc. (NASDAQ: BITS) today announced the latest upgrade to the company's font technology, Bitstream Panorama™ and Bitstream Font Fusion™. Bitstream Panorama is the worldwide text composition engine that enables developers to compose and render text in any language. Bitstream’s Font Fusion is a text rendering solution that offers developers the fastest rendering speeds and best possible text output of any font engine on the market today.
Both Panorama 7.0 and Font Fusion 7.0 are available now.
Bitstream Panorama 7.0
With Bitstream Panorama, OEMs and developers can layout, position, substitute and render characters in all of the world’s languages via a single, compact API. The latest version of Bitstream Panorama, version 7.0, builds on the strength of the product by adding new features that expand its capabilities on different operating systems, increase performance, and offer support for new languages.Panorama is now available as a plug-in for iOS and Android operating systems. The plug-in allows access to features like better layout control, complex script support not supported by the base system, and support for non-TTF font formats. Panorama 7.0 also includes a scaling feature which allows users to perform a pinching effect on rendered text, making this kind of layout faster. In addition, Panorama 7.0 also supports:
- Sinhala and Tibetan Script - The Sinhala script is used mainly in Sri Lanka, while the Tibetan script is used in Tibet, Ladakh, Nepal and northern areas of India.
- Native OTF is supported in Panorama 7.0. This advanced feature provides the option to apply OTF features like superscript, subscript, fractions, scientific inferiors, etc. even if the font does not support them.
- Increased performance using OTFP coverage data by using embedded preprocessed data directly within the fonts.
- Glyph Bitmap Distribution Format (BDF) with open type fonts (OTF).
- Dynamic Font Array which allows any number of fonts at run time.