AUSTIN, Texas, March 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Vermillion, Inc. (NASDAQ: VRML), a leading molecular diagnostics company, reported that the American Medical Association (AMA) Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) Panel has voted to approve an application for a Category 1 CPT code for its OVA1® test, which is designed to help differentiate benign versus malignant ovarian masses.
The AMA recently disclosed the new code on its website, which will become effective January 1, 2013.
"This is a major achievement for OVA1 and an endorsement for the unmet clinical need addressed by this important triage test," said
Gail S. Page, Vermillion's president and chief executive officer. "This approval was supported by several peer-reviewed publications and positive coverage decisions, including Medicare. The new CPT code is a critical step in advancing the commercialization of OVA1, as we believe it will help streamline claims processing and accelerate further coverage and adoption by private payers."
Vermillion, Inc. (NASDAQ: VRML) is dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of novel high-value diagnostic tests that help physicians diagnose, treat and improve outcomes for patients. Vermillion, along with its prestigious scientific collaborators, has diagnostic programs in oncology, hematology, cardiology and women's health. Additional information about Vermillion can be found at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV