10 Reasons Obama Will Not Be Re-Elected
The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- None of the four GOP contenders has emerged as a star candidate yet. But it won't take a star to defeat President Obama. His record over the last four years will be reason enough to vote him out of office.
1. The economy is struggling. Since 2008 the U.S. economic clock has been turned back 10 years. If congressional gridlock continues The Economist reckons it will continue declining. The only country that slid more than the U.S. is Greece.
>>Also see: 10 Reasons Obama Will Be Re-Elected2. Gas is more and more expensive. Obama said, "There is no silver bullet" to temporary rising gas prices. Temporary? On Obama's watch gas has risen from an average of $1.85 a gallon to near $4 today. He does have a solution: Americans will drive cars that get 55 mpg. In the small print, there's a warning: These cars are small. They have a clutch and roll-down windows.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV