CULVER CITY, Calif.
March 6, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- Sony Movie Channel, the first U.S. multi-platform television network from Sony Pictures Television (SPT), is offering movie lovers a chance to live out their ultimate
dreams. During the month of March, eligible participants will have an opportunity to participate in the "Films with Benefits Sweepstakes" and win a prize package that includes an all-expense paid trip for two to
and a private VIP tour of the Sony Pictures Studios. Additionally, through the beginning of April, fans will have the chance to participate online in the "Cruise with Cruise," photo gallery offering a look back at some of
's career making films through still photography.
Beginning now through
Friday, March 23rd
11:59 PM PT
, visitors can log onto the Sony Movie Channel Facebook page (
), click the "Like Us" button and enter the "Films with Benefits Sweepstakes" for a chance to win. Once entered into the sweepstakes, contestants can submit themselves up to once a day for an additional entry and earn more entries when friends they have shared sweepstakes with also enter.
Participants can share the sweepstakes with friends in the following ways:
- Post on your Facebook wall.
- Send it to your Facebook friends.
- Tweet about it on Twitter.
- Email it to your friends.
Grand Prize and First Prize winners will be selected from a random drawing, contacted by
Wednesday, March 28th
and announced on
The Grand Prize winner will receive:
- Round trip airfare from anywhere in the contiguous U.S. to Los Angeles, CA.
- Three nights hotel stay
- Rental car.
- Two VIP seats to a taping of "Wheel of Fortune" (pending winner's travel request and production schedule).
- Private VIP tour of the Sony Pictures Studios in Culver City, CA.
- Lunch for two at The Commissary executive dining room on the Sony Pictures Studios lot.
- Private screening of a recent Sony Pictures movie release in a screening room on the Sony Pictures Studios lot.
- $500 cash.
Fifteen First Prize winners will receive:
- Blu-ray pack of "Rachel Getting Married" and "Running with Scissors" which will also be airing on Sony Movie Channel on Friday, March 23rd.
- 3 boxes of Sony Movie Channel candy.
Monday, March 19th - Friday, April 6th
, the Sony Movie Channel Facebook page (Facebook.com/SonyMovieChannel) will launch "Cruise with Cruise," a
photo retrospective showcasing images from a variety of his movies in recent years. Visitors will need to "Like" the page in order to view the gallery, which will be captioned with information about the film.
About Sony Movie Channel
Sony Movie Channel is the first U.S. multi-platform television network from Sony Pictures Television created specifically for the
movie fan. Offering uncut and uninterrupted theatrical releases in stunning high definition, Sony Movie Channel showcases titles from Sony Pictures' vast library including award-winning features, cult favorites, family comedies and gripping dramas. Programming is selected from more than 3,500 Sony Pictures films, which collectively have received 184 Academy Awards including 12 for Best Picture. Sony Movie Channel is available on DISH Network, DIRECTV and AT&T U-Verse TV on linear as well as on authenticated VOD and online platforms.
SOURCE Sony Pictures Television