Consolidated revenue for the year 2011 was $136.9 million, up 58% over the prior year consolidated revenue of $86.4 million.
Consolidated gross margin for the fourth quarter of 2011 was 60% compared to 53% in the comparable prior year period. Improvements in gross margin were largely the result of higher utilization of plant capacities.
Net income for the fourth quarter of 2011 was $5.7 million, or $0.05 per diluted share, compared to net income of $23.7 million, or $0.23 per diluted share, in the prior year quarter. Fourth quarter 2010 net income per diluted share benefited from a $0.21 gain on the sale of the Akorn-Strides, LLC joint venture product portfolio to Pfizer.
Non-GAAP adjusted net income for the fourth quarter of 2011 was $11.4 million, or $0.11 per diluted share, compared to non-GAAP adjusted net income of $5.3 million, or $0.05 per diluted share, in the prior year quarter. Non-GAAP financial measures are defined further below under “Non-GAAP Financial Measures.”The Company generated $7.0 million in positive cash flow from operating activities in the fourth quarter of 2011 and ended the year with $84.0 million in cash and cash equivalents. 2012 Outlook The Company’s 2012 outlook has been updated to include the impact of the acquisition of certain assets of Kilitch Drugs (India) Limited. This revised outlook excludes the impact of any new approvals after March 6, 2012 as well as the impact of the Kilitch transaction on 2012 capital expenditures.
|Total revenues||$228 – 238||Million|
|Total gross margin percentage||58 – 60||%|
|SG&A expenses||$49 – 51||million|
|R&D expenses||$15 – 18||million|
|Tax provision||$24 – 26||million|
|GAAP net income||$36 – 39||million|
|GAAP net income per diluted share||$0.33 – 0.36|
|Adjusted net income||$48 – 51||million|
|Adjusted net income per diluted share||$0.44 – 0.46|
|Adjusted EBITDA||$88 – 93||million|
|Capital expenditures||$15 – 20||million|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV