What to Do If Your Online Order Never Arrives
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- The Council of Better Business Bureaus reported last week that it had received more than 100 complaints about unfulfilled orders from Personally Yours, a company that makes personalized T-shirts. According to the BBB, consumers have complained that orders they placed never arrived or arrived several weeks late, and that refunds were never processed for the unfulfilled orders. While it looks like this is a case of a company being overwhelmed with orders rather than any kind of deliberate scam, it has nevertheless left customers feeling cheated.
Personally Yours is not the first company to sell merchandise it couldn't actually deliver, and it won't be the last. So what do you do when you order a product that never arrives? Here's the process you should go through to get the issue resolved.
|You ordered that T-shirt weeks ago and your credit card has been charged, but it still hasn't arrived. Now what?|
Contact customer service.
While it's tempting to go running immediately to the media or the BBB, you should start by seeing if you can resolve the complaint via the company's own customer service channels.
"Definitely contact the company first and see if they're willing to work with you," says Katherine Hutt, a spokeswoman for the BBB. "Be polite, don't start off angry."Indeed, there's a right way and a wrong way to file a complaint, and we have looked at the talking points you can use to make your complaint (the short version: be polite but persistent).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV