At the end of 2011, CAM owned 52 aircraft that were available for service, of which 21 were in service under long term dry leases with external customers. A table showing ATSG's aircraft in service at year-end and a fleet projection for the end of 2012 is included at the end this release.
In February 2012, CAM and its customer First Air agreed to a three-year extension of First Air's lease of a CAM-owned Boeing 767-200 freighter that had been due to expire in 2012. None of CAM's 21 externally leased 767 freighters has a lease expiration date before June 2015, and the average remaining lease term exceeds five years.
Fourth-quarter revenues were $108.3 million, excluding fuel and other reimbursed expenses, down one percent from the fourth quarter of 2010. Fourth-quarter pretax earnings from ACMI Services were $1.8 million, compared with $6.0 million in the fourth quarter of 2010.Excluding results from Schenker for 2010 and 2011, fourth-quarter ACMI revenues excluding reimbursables were $96.5 million, up 14 percent from a year earlier. Fourth-quarter block hours excluding Schenker increased eight percent to 20,245. Revenues per block hour excluding Schenker increased primarily because of the addition of higher lease-rate 767-300 aircraft to the ACMI fleet mix and due to operating an increased number of shorter air routes. Fourth-quarter ACMI earnings comparisons to 2010 were substantially affected by the reduction in the Company's operations for DB Schenker, by rate reductions for services to the U.S. Military, and by the cost of training and transitioning eligible DC-8 and 727 flight crew members to other aircraft types. The majority of these transitioning and related reorganization costs continue into 2012 and, combined with seasonality factors and an increase in expenses related to ABX Air's frozen pension plans, will result in a pretax loss for this segment in the first quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV