Air Transport Services Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATSG) today reported improved financial results for the fourth quarter of 2011. Highlights of the fourth quarter, compared to the prior-year period include:
- Pretax earnings from continuing operations were $23.3 million, up 17 percent. The total includes $0.6 million in 2011 unrealized gains on derivative instruments.
- Net earnings from continuing operations were $13.5 million, or $0.21 per share diluted, up 14 percent.
- EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization) totaled $48.7 million, up five percent. For more information, see the table included in this release describing and reconciling EBITDA and other non-GAAP measures to GAAP results.
- Revenues of $166.5 million, down 7 percent. Excluding reimbursable expenses, primarily fuel, revenues increased 5 percent.
"Results from nine additional 767 freighters in service in the fourth quarter of 2011, compared to the fourth quarter 2010, helped to offset the effect of the wind-down of our business with DB Schenker through the quarter," Joe Hete, President and CEO of ATSG, said. “Some of that cargo volume shifted to the freighters we operate for DHL, allowing us to retire the majority of our older 727 and DC-8 aircraft and to start to restructure our airline operations. We purchased two more 767-300 aircraft in February 2012 for deployment later this year, recognizing their advantages and appeal to major air cargo network operators. This aircraft type continues to offer lower capital risk and attractive after-tax cash returns due to our passenger-to-freighter conversion strategy.”
CAM LeasingCargo Aircraft Management (CAM) recorded pretax earnings of $16.7 million, up 26 percent for the fourth quarter, and $60.0 million, up 44 percent, for the year. Revenues increased 28 percent to $38.5 million for the fourth quarter and grew by 39 percent for the year to $140.5 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV