Dow Today: Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) Leads The Day Higher, United Technologies (UTX) Lags
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) closed down 15.0 points (-0.1%) at 12,962. During the day, 634.5 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 818.6 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio closed at 1,219 issues advancing vs. 1,806 declining with 88 unchanged. The Dow component that led the way higher today was Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM), which sported a 68-cent gain (+0.8%) bringing the stock to $87.01. Volume for Exxon Mobil Corporation ended the day at 12.5 million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 18.9 million shares. Exxon Mobil Corporation has a market cap of $417.87 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 1.9% year to date as of Friday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 2.2%. Exxon Mobil Corporation engages in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas, and manufacture of petroleum products, as well as transportation and sale of crude oil, natural gas, and petroleum products. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.3, below the average energy industry P/E ratio of 10.5 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Exxon Mobil Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Exxon Mobil Ratings Report.
- You can view the full United Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV