- Total revenues for the year ended December 31, 2011 were $61.2 million, of which $52.1 million were net product revenues from Feraheme® (ferumoxytol) Injection for intravenous (IV) use. Feraheme net product revenues for the year included a $3.0 million favorable change in estimated Medicaid reserves to reflect AMAG’s actual claims experience since launch, which the company recognized in the third quarter of 2011. For the fourth quarter, total revenues were $14.9 million, of which $12.8 million were Feraheme net product revenues.
- Total Feraheme provider demand for 2011 was approximately 92,000 grams 1, nearly all of which was for use in the non-dialysis setting for patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD), representing a 38% increase in non-dialysis provider demand over 2010. Feraheme non-dialysis provider demand for the fourth quarter of 2011 was approximately 16% percent higher than the fourth quarter of 2010.
- AMAG is continuing to work with Jefferies & Company, Inc. to identify and evaluate various strategies to enhance stockholder value, including a potential sale of the company, and leverage AMAG’s core assets – Feraheme, AMAG’s commercial and drug development infrastructure, and the company’s cash balance.
AMAG Announces Fourth Quarter And Year End 2011 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.