Astex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ASTX), today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2011.
The Company reported net income for the 2011 fourth quarter of $220,000, or $0.00 per basic and diluted share, compared with net income of $6.7 million, or $0.11 per basic and diluted share, for the same prior year period. The Company reported net income for the year ended December 31, 2011 of $5.5 million, or $0.07 per basic and diluted share, compared with net income of $16.3 million, or $0.27 per basic and diluted share, for the same prior year period.
Company Highlights of 2011 include:
- Dacogen® (decitabine) for Injection royalty revenue was $60.5 million for 2011 compared to $52.5 million for 2010, an increase of approximately 15% from the prior year.
- The Company ended 2011 with unrestricted cash, cash equivalents, and current and non-current marketable securities totaling $128.1 million compared to $120.4 million at December 31, 2010.
- The Company completed the acquisition of Astex Therapeutics Limited in July 2011, and the operating results of the acquisition have been consolidated in the Company’s operating results effective July 20, 2011.
- The Company expanded its product pipeline following the Astex acquisition to include four company-sponsored phase II programs and four partner-sponsored clinical programs.
- In September 2011, the Company changed its name from SuperGen, Inc. to Astex Pharmaceuticals, Inc., trading on NASDAQ with ticker symbol “ASTX.”
“In 2011 Astex Pharmaceuticals assembled all the tools necessary for spurring growth: rationalized operations, a prioritized portfolio that includes a deep clinical pipeline, a strong financial footing, and a proven discovery engine,” said James S.J. Manuso, PhD, chairman and chief executive officer of Astex Pharmaceuticals. “We are pleased the worldwide sales of Dacogen have continued to grow steadily. In addition, we are initially anticipating our operational results for 2012 being near cash flow neutral. ”Dr. Harren Jhoti, president of Astex Pharmaceuticals, added, “We have much to look forward to in 2012, as we advance our discovery and development collaborations with our partners GSK, AstraZeneca, Janssen and Novartis. Within the first half of 2012 we expect to complete the optimization of lead drug candidates arising from our internal discovery efforts.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV