Santarus, Inc. (NASDAQ: SNTS) today reported financial and operating results for the three and 12 month periods ended December 31, 2011.
Key financial results for the fourth quarter of 2011 include:
- Total revenues increased 65% to $42.6 million from $25.9 million for the fourth quarter of 2010
- Net income was $1.9 million, or $0.03 per diluted share, compared with a net loss of $2.1 million, or $0.03 per share, for the fourth quarter of 2010
- Cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments as of December 31, 2011 were $58.6 million
Recent business highlights include the following:
- Entered into a settlement agreement with Lupin Ltd. and its subsidiary, Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., granting Lupin the right to begin selling a generic version of GLUMETZA ® (metformin hydrochloride extended release tablets) on February 1, 2016, or earlier under certain circumstances. The settlement agreement is subject to review by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission, as well as entry by the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California of an order dismissing the litigation.
- Announced in February the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) acceptance for review of the company’s New Drug Application (NDA) for UCERIS ™ (budesonide) tablets 9 mg for the induction of remission of mild to moderate active ulcerative colitis. Santarus expects the FDA will complete its review or otherwise respond to the UCERIS NDA by October 16, 2012.
- Initiated patient enrollment in a Phase IIIb clinical study with UCERIS to evaluate whether there is an incremental benefit in remission rate when UCERIS 9 mg is added to current oral aminosalicylate (5-ASA) therapy for patients with mild to moderate active ulcerative colitis not adequately controlled on background 5-ASA therapy.
- Presented new safety and efficacy data from an eight-week open-label study with UCERIS 9 mg in patients with mild or moderate active ulcerative colitis at the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation’s Clinical & Research Conference 2011 Advances in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases.
- Reported retrospective analyses of integrated efficacy data and immuno-safety data from placebo-controlled and open-label clinical studies of our investigational pipeline drug RHUCIN ® (recombinant human C1 inhibitor, or C1INH) in patients with hereditary angioedema. The data were presented in two oral presentations at the 2011 Biennial Meeting of the World Allergy Congress.
- Completed expansion of sales force to 150 sales representatives, providing for more effective targeted promotion of our marketed products.
- In February, began promotion of FENOGLIDE ® (fenofibrate) tablets 40 mg and 120 mg, an FDA-approved product for the treatment of high cholesterol.
- Increased revolving line of credit with Comerica Bank from $25 million to $35 million with improved terms and extended the maturity to February 2015.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV