Ducommun Incorporated (NYSE:DCO) today reported results for its fourth quarter and twelve months ended December 31, 2011.
- Net sales increased 85% to $188.2 million for the fourth quarter of 2011 versus the fourth quarter of 2010, reflecting increased sales of $90.6 million from the acquisition of LaBarge, Inc. (“LaBarge”)
- The Company reported a net loss of $(4.60) per diluted share for the fourth quarter of 2011, reflecting a pre-tax non-cash goodwill impairment charge of $54.3 million and acquisition-related expenses. Excluding goodwill impairment charges and acquisition-related expenses, the Company’s net income was $0.27 per diluted share in the quarter. The non-cash charge does not impact the Company's ongoing business operations nor does it affect liquidity, cash flow from operations or financial covenant compliance for any of the Company's outstanding debt
- Cash flow from operations was $27.9 million in the fourth quarter 2011 and $22.6 million for the full year 2011, excluding acquisition-related expenses
- Ducommun’s record backlog at December 31, 2011 was approximately $636 million
“Ducommun ended 2011 much stronger and better positioned than when the year began, with our operations bolstered by the addition of LaBarge,” said Anthony J. Reardon, president and chief executive officer. “The integration of our two organizations is now effectively complete. We have reduced corporate overhead, and our staffs are working together seamlessly to improve and grow the new Ducommun. Our backlog stands at a record $636 million, and the legacy LaBarge business is providing many new growth avenues, offsetting some weakness in a few of our legacy military applications. At the same time, Ducommun AeroStructures continues to show top-line expansion -- driven by robust commercial aerospace demand. With our focus on margins, all factors are coming together for improved performance in 2012.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV