- 1910: John B. Sanfilippo, along with his brother, Joe, and mother, Rosa, joined his father in America from Sicily, Italy.
- 1922: JBSS began business in a store front location in Chicago.
- 1929: A factory on Division Street was built to crack and shell pecans.
- 1945: JBSS integrated an automatic pecan cracker at their plant with two machines, and boosted production to shelling 150,000 pounds per year.
- 1958: JBSS expanded its customer base and began selling to bakeries, supermarket chains, ice cream manufacturers and candy manufacturers.
- 1963: Upon the death of John B. Sanfilippo, Jasper Sanfilippo took over as president of JBSS.
- 1970s: JBSS diversified its product line and moved into packaging and distribution by acquiring the route distribution business of the H.H. Evon Company.
- 1991: JBSS went public to raise capital for long term expansion plans. By that year, sales reached $151 million with continued expansion to other varieties of tree nuts and peanuts. They also began acquiring other companies and brands and expanded operations into the nut growing regions of the United States. JBSS operates shelling and processing facilities in Gustine, CA, Selma, TX, Bainbridge, GA and Garysburg, NC.
- 1995: JBSS purchased the Fisher Nut brand in 1995 from Procter & Gamble.
- 2007: JBSS constructed a new 1.1 million square foot corporate headquarters which includes processing, packaging and a distribution center.
- TODAY: Recent JBSS innovations include the "Freshness Seal" bag for Fisher Baking Nuts and the "Freshness You Can See" can and jar for Fisher Snack Nuts. The vision of JBSS is to be the global source for nuts, committed to quality, expertise and innovation that delivers an unmatched experience to our customer and consumer.
Maker Of Fisher® Nuts, John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc., Celebrates Its 90th Anniversary
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.