6. Univest Corp. of Pennsylvania
Shares of Univest Corp. of Pennsylvania (UVSP), of Souderton, closed at $15.24 Friday, returning 4% year-to-date, following a 20% decline last year.
Based on a 20-cent quarterly payout, the shares have a dividend yield of 5.25%.The shares trade for 0.9 times tangible book value and 12 times the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of $1.28. The company had $2.2 billion in total assets as of Dec. 30, and its quarterly ROA ranged from 0.86% to 0.99% during 2011, according to HighlineFI. Fourth-quarter net income was $5.3 million, or 32 cents a share, increasing from $5.2 million, or 32 cents a share, the previous quarter, and $4.9 million, or 30 cents a share, a year earlier. The fourth-quarter net interest margin was 3.96%, narrowing from 4.15% in the third quarter and 4.18% during the fourth quarter of 2010, "primarily due to a 67 basis point decrease in the ratio of average interest-earning assets to interest-bearing liabilities." The company said that excess liquidity "generated from the increases in public funds deposits, calls of investment securities and lower loan volume from continued light credit demand were invested in interest-earning deposits as the Corporation continues to keep the investment portfolio short." Interested in more on Univest Corp. of Pennsylvania? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV