6. Univest Corp. of Pennsylvania
Shares of Univest Corp. of Pennsylvania (UVSP), of Souderton, closed at $15.24 Friday, returning 4% year-to-date, following a 20% decline last year.
Based on a 20-cent quarterly payout, the shares have a dividend yield of 5.25%.The shares trade for 0.9 times tangible book value and 12 times the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of $1.28. The company had $2.2 billion in total assets as of Dec. 30, and its quarterly ROA ranged from 0.86% to 0.99% during 2011, according to HighlineFI. Fourth-quarter net income was $5.3 million, or 32 cents a share, increasing from $5.2 million, or 32 cents a share, the previous quarter, and $4.9 million, or 30 cents a share, a year earlier. The fourth-quarter net interest margin was 3.96%, narrowing from 4.15% in the third quarter and 4.18% during the fourth quarter of 2010, "primarily due to a 67 basis point decrease in the ratio of average interest-earning assets to interest-bearing liabilities." The company said that excess liquidity "generated from the increases in public funds deposits, calls of investment securities and lower loan volume from continued light credit demand were invested in interest-earning deposits as the Corporation continues to keep the investment portfolio short." Interested in more on Univest Corp. of Pennsylvania? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV