7. Trustco Bank Corp.
Shares of Trustco Bank Corp. (TRST) of Glenville, N.Y., closed at $3.63 Friday, returning down 6% year-to-date, following a 7% decline in 2011.
Based on a quarterly payout of 6.5625 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 5.05%.The company had $4.2 billion in total asset as of Dec. 30, and its quarterly ROA ranged from 0.77% to 0.88% during 2011, according to HighlineFI. The shares trade for 1.4 times tangible book value and 12 the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of 43 cents. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is 49 cents. Trustco earned $8.7 million during the fourth quarter, or 9.3 cents a share, declining from $9.2 million, or 10 cents a share, in the third quarter, but increasing from $6.9 million, or nine cents a share, in the fourth quarter of 2010. The sequential earnings decline reflected a $551,000 increase in expenses for salaries and employee benefits, and "a $450 thousand one-time item that increased the effective tax rate and is not expected to be repeated in 2012." Trustco's net interest margin -- the difference between a bank's average yield on loans and investments and its average cost for deposits and wholesale borrowings -- narrowed to 3.35% from 3.38% the previous quarter and 3.43% a year earlier, however, net interest income increased 6% year-over-year to $34.0 million in the fourth quarter, reflecting not only lower interest expenses, but a 6% increase in average loans during the fourth quarter. Interested in more on Trustco Bank Corp.? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV