10. City Holding Corp.
Shares of City Holding Co. (CHCO) of Cross Lanes, W.V., closed at $32.95 Friday, down 2% year-to-date, after a decline of 3% in 2011.
Based on a quarterly payout of 35 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 4.25%.The shares trade for 1.9 times tangible book value, according to HighlineFI, and 12.5 times the consensus 2012 earnings estimate of $2.64 cents a share, among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is $2.76. The company had $2.3 billion in total assets as of Dec. 30. Its quarterly returns on average assets (ROA) ranged from 1.41% to 1.71% during 2011, according to HighlineFI, for the best earnings performance among this group of 10 bank and thrift holding companies. Six out of seven analysts covering City Holding Co. have neutral rating on the shares. Sterne Agee analyst Kenneth James has an "Underperform" rating on City Holding Co., with a $28 price target, saying on Feb. 13 that he sees "potential for downward estimate revisions in 2012," from the "heightened potential for a new round of regulatory scrutiny on deposit service charges." Please see TheStreet's coverage of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau for more about regulatory threats to bank's fee revenues. James is behind the consensus, estimating that City Holding Co. will earn $2.46 a share in 2012, followed by EPS of $2.58 in 2013. Interested in more on City Holding Co.? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV