Harold Simmons is the chairman of holding company Valhi (VHI), which has controlling interests in Keystone Consolidated and Titanium Metals, which is the leading manufacturer of titanium-based products.
If you think the $1 million Simmons gave to the super PAC supporting Gingrich is hefty, understand that he has given a cool $10 million to Karl Rove's super PAC, American Crossroads.
Simmons is a huge Republican donor as he reportedly gave some $8.6 million in 2011 to Republican super PACs.-- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. >Follow Joe Deaux on Twitter. Subscribe on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV