The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK (Trefis) -- China's largest wireless service provider, China Mobile (CHL), said last week that it added close to 6 million subscribers in January, taking its total tally past 650 million. The company now has more than 655 million mobile subscribers, of which about 54 million subscribe to its 3G services. While the carrier is well ahead of China Unicom (CHU) and China Telecom (CHA) in terms of overall subscriber numbers, it doesn't enjoy the same dominance in the high growth but still young 3G market. Could the arrival of the iPhone 4S on China Mobile's network change that?
See our complete analysis of China Mobile here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV