Bloomberg Index Makes It Easier to Hate Billionaires
Back to the real world, I'd put my money on Brazilian mining billionaire Eike Batista -- who comes in at No. 10 in the index and plans to be the world's richest man by 2015 -- as representative of how the billionaire club views the new Bloomberg tool.
Batista seemed downright overjoyed by the index, and even provided a quote for the launch, saying, "I'm competitive ... It's Brazil's time to be No. 1. Brazilians have always admired the American dream. What's happening in Brazil is the Brazilian dream and I happen to be the example."
For those who saw the American dream crash and burn in the Great Recession and are still struggling to make ends meet, Bloomberg has provided a way for the 99% to track the pilfering of the world's wealth by the top of the economic pyramid. If Zuccotti Park is retaken, now the Occupy movement can bring a Jumbo-tron that displays the Bloomberg Billionaires Index in real-time.
Of course, the 99% would have to be able to afford a Bloomberg professional terminal to access the Billionaires Index, but that's another matter, and maybe one that a grant from George Soros' Open Society, or a check from honorable Mayor Michael Bloomberg (who needs some friends among those he "special forced" out of Zuccotti Park in the dead of night), could take care of.In the final analysis, the most significant impact of the Bloomberg Billionaires Index may not be on the 1% or the 99%. It may make Forbes' legendary annual publishing event known as the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV