- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Insurance industry. The net income increased by 77.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $11,176.00 million to $19,798.00 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL GROUP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL GROUP's earnings per share declined by 22.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL GROUP reported lower earnings of $7.93 versus $14.47 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 68.5% in earnings ($2.50 versus $7.93).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $1,118.00 million or 63.15% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.